The seminar shall focus on:
- Global Scenario in Horticulture
- Genetic Improvement
- Production Management
- Post harvest management and Nutraceuticals
- Biotic and Abiotic Stress Management
- Technology Assessment
The Panel discussions shall deliberate on topical issues involving experts, panellists and interested stakeholders in the back drop of base-paper prepared as follows:
- Conservation technologies-in situ, ex-situ, on-farm, complimentary approaches
- Production of quality planting material
Mainstreaming of Underutilized and Exotic Horticultural crops
The following technical sessions are envisaged to cover the national and international issues:
- Global Scenario in Horticulture: Production and Consumption, Trade, Marketing and Policy Issues, Nutrition and Health.
- Genetic Improvement: Plant Genetic Resources management– In situ and Ex situ, Breeding- Conventional and New Initiatives, Omics.
- Production Management: Cropping systems, Resource Conservation Use Efficiency, Rootstocks and, Climate Resilience
- Novel Products, Value-Addition and trade: Post Harvest management, Processing and product development, nutraceuticals and bio-fortification, domestic marketing and trade.
- Biotic Stress Management: Diagnostics and Epidemiology, Safe Approaches to Pest Management-Invasive and new pests and pathogens
- Technology Assessment: Technology Assessment, Refinement and Dissemination, Socio-economic and Gender issues.
Six Technical Sessions with keynote addresses and oral presentations by distinguished scientists
- Plenary Sessions
- Daily Poster Presentation on each Theme/Sub-themes
- Exhibitions & Side Event
- Pre- & Post- Seminar Tours
English will be the Official Language of the Seminar.